Monday, February 16, 2009

2nd Hand Clothes and Gear

I'm a big fan of second-hand clothes and gear for my kids. They just go through it too quick, I can't justify paying full price. I also don't know how we would afford it when trying to outfit two kids!

Places to shop for second hand items:

The obvious ones: eBay and Craigslist
eBay has most things you can think of but Craigslist tends to have better deals.

Children's resellers and consignment shops. I never knew how many of these there were until I started looking for them. My favorite in Redmond, WA is "Treetop" in the same parking lot as Ben Franklin Crafts. They have tons and tons of clothes, some specialty clothes, and some gear. In general, I've found consignment shops to be good for general clothes but not so good for gear.

Mothers of Multiples groups' sales. This is the place to shop for gear. Anyone can shop at these sales. The sellers are all mothers of multiples. See my post about this specifically.

I also just heard about "Just Between Friends", a children's and maternity consignment sale. This is a franchise throughout the United States. This works a lot like the Mothers of Multiples groups' sales, but selling is open to anyone. They rent out a big space, parents with stuff to sell bring it to the sale, the company takes care of setting it up and selling it, and the parent gets money for their stuff. I have not been to this sale yet, but plan to go this year to check it out.

I'm sure there are other places, and I'll add them as I find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment