Monday, February 16, 2009

Places to shop for New Items

Places to shop for new items:

Outlet Stores: Look for outlet stores in your area for great deals. Children's Place has great sales racks in their outlet stores. Carter's, which makes a lot of clothes bought in regular stores, has outlet stores.

If I do have to buy something new, these are the places I start with.

  • Target (toys, clothes and gear)
  • Kohl's (clothes)
  • Ross (kid's toys)
  • Old Navy (clothes)

When I have to: Babies 'R Us. Although this is an excellent place to register.

The internet is an obvious place as well.

  • Amazon.com = some great sales especially at Christmas time.
  • AlbeeBaby.com = car seats, strollers and lots of other stuff.

Tip for buying new and online: watch for when an item is being sold for a great price because the next year's model is about to come out or just came out.

I got a Maclaren Twin Techno stroller off Amazon for less than 1/2 the original price because it was last year's model. If I remember correctly, it was around February when this happened. I only noticed because I had it in my cart and Amazon told me that it had gone down in price since I had put it there. I put things in my wish list now before I need them and watch to see if the price drops. I also got a Burley bike trailer for less than 1/2 the original price at REI when they were having a big sale this winter. I guess my moral here is to watch for deals all the time and know what you're going to want in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment